The builders at TTC Roofing and Building offer damp proofing solutions for domestic and commercial properties across Maidstone and the wider Kent area. Our specialist team is experienced at carrying out damp proofing courses, membranes and tanking techniques as part of house renovations. This includes protecting extensions, conversions and brand-new build projects throughout the South East.
If you think your Maidstone, Rochester, Kent or South East property is suffering from damp, don’t hesitate to call our experts. We provide domestic and commercial clients with free damp proofing advice, before arranging to visit your venue for a risk assessment.
Older buildings with leaking roofs or poor drainage systems are susceptible to rising and penetrating damp, especially during bouts of extreme weather. This seriously affects the structural integrity of your property, which can lead to costly, long-term damage if left unattended.
The builders and damp proofing specialists at TTC Roofing and Building share valuable advice with our Maidstone, Rochester, Kent and South East clients. This includes tips on how to spot the early signs of rising damp, penetrating damp and rot. While we conduct full inspections during our surveys, it is important for home and business owners to regularly check their building, especially during the rainy season.
The main signs to look out far are as follows:
• Paint or wallpaper that is loose or peeling from the wall
• Walls, floors and exterior brickwork showing discolouration
• Plaster from walls that is crumbling, due to decay
• Wooden floors or skirting boards that appear rotten
• Presence of mould, fungi or mushrooms, typically from dry or wet rot
1. Damp Proof Courses
A water-based silicon solution is inserted into wall cavities and below the floorboards. This is designed to act as a chemical barrier to prevent rising damp and moisture ingress.
2. DPM Membranes
Polythene or rubber Damp Proof Membranes (DPMs) protect the property foundations from deteriorating due to rising groundwater. These are typically added below concrete floors which are installed at new, modern builds.
Internal cavity drain membranes are installed in basements at Maidstone, Rochester, Kent and South East properties, which comprise of guttering channels fitted along the wall and floor joints. Water and excess moisture is collected and transferred to connecting sump pumps or drains.
Our team of builders and damp proofing specialists carry out the following at your Maidstone, Rochester or nearby venue:
• 24/7 emergency callouts to remedy issues with damp for home and business owners throughout Kent and the wider South East area
• Comprehensive assessments to locate the source of damp, enabling us to resolve the issue in a fast and efficient manner
• A detailed report with recommendations for damp proofing solutions at domestic and commercial properties
• Apply effective damp proofing treatments during house renovations, such as building extensions, garage conversions and construction for new builds